Cryogenic Treatment for Motorsports, Racing and Auto Parts
Over the years, cryogenic treatment of engine parts has sparked interest in the world of motorsports due to the enhancements it provides racers. It delivers substantial performance gains by reducing fatigue failures and relieving residual stresses created during part fabrication and use. Nitrofreeze cryogenic treatment for motorsports is a “must have” for anyone wanting to get the most out of their high-end drivetrain components, including engine parts, transmissions, differentials and brake rotors.
Deep cryogenic treatment offers practical benefits to most auto engine & transmission parts, braking systems and suspension components. Cryogenically treated parts retain enhanced thermal properties, stresses in the material are reduced, along with potentially fatal distortions and crack lines. Most importantly, wear resistance is improved dramatically. The process transforms metals resulting in a more consistent and desirable grain structure of the part being processed.
If you are serious about increasing your auto parts performance and gaining longevity, then the Nitrofreeze cryogenic treatment of engine parts process will give you the ultimate competitive advantage.
Benefits of Nitrofreeze Cryogenic Treatment
- Engine & Drivetrain Components: Cryogenically treated engines and their internals will exhibit less wear and be less prone to cracking. Engine blocks that are cryo treated prior to final honing will benefit from reduced friction, which will increase horsepower, torque & fuel economy. As a result, your cryo treated engine will be more durable and last longer.
- Transmissions: Cryogenic treatment of transmissions will increase the life of all their internal parts. Gear failure and wear will be significantly reduced. There have been reports that smoother shifting and better clutch performance have resulted from cryogenic processing. Our Nitrofreeze cryogenic treatment is available for both automatic and manual transmissions.
- Brake Rotors: Rotors experience significant improvements from cryogenic treatment. Cryogenically treated brake rotors will warp less and dissipate heat more efficiently. The change in the microstructure of the rotor allows for an improvement in pad to rotor contact, an increase in lifetime, and a higher resistance to cracking. Now, your brakes will last longer and perform better while improving safety. If you prefer, Nitrofreeze can buy rotors locally on your behalf, cryogenically treat them and ship them to you. If you would like more information, please contact email@example.com with your vehicle specs.
- Rear Ends: Cryo treating rear ends will increase wear resistance and reduce internal stresses. Your ring and pinion gears will be less susceptible to chipped teeth and fatigue failures.
- Bearings: Treated bearings will last longer and be less susceptible to wear. In addition, they will also roll smoother. We recommend that you cryogenically treat your axle and wheel bearings.
- Spark Plugs: Cryogenic treatment improves the conductivity of the electrode, thereby improving power, fuel economy & reducing emissions dramatically.
Cryogenic Treatment for Motorsports Pricing
|MOTOR SPORTS / MOTORCYCLE PRICE LIST|
|MINIMUM LOT CHARGE OF $95.00|
|ENGINE SIZE||1 CYL||2 CYL||3 / 4 CYL||5 / 6 CYL||8 CYL|
|MOTORCYCLE ENGINE SIZE||> 75 CC||75-400 CC||400-1,000 CC||1,000-1,500 CC||1,500 CC+|
|Parts under 4oz||$3.00||$3.00||$3.00||$3.00||$3.00|
|Rings per Cylinder||$3.00||$3.00||$3.00||$3.00||$3.00|
|Piston w/ Rings||$8.25||$11.00||$11.00||$11.00||$15.00|
|Cam Tower / Housing||N/A||N/A||$25.00||$25.00||$30.00|
|Oil Pump / Wet Sump||N/A||N/A||$14.00||$14.00||$20.00|
|Oil Pump / Dry Sump||$8.00 per each stage of pump|
|Timing Chain / Drive Chain||$0.75 per inch of chain length|
|Sprockets||$3.50 per diameter inch|
|Ring and Pinion, Differential||N/A||N/A||$105.00||$125.00||$145.00|
|Clutch Assembly (incl. Flywheel)||$27.50||$55.00||$90.00||$100.00||$120.00|
|Complete Drivetrain W/ Clutch||$240.00||$400.00||$700.00||$925.00||$1,150.00|
|Supercharger||Call for pricing|
|Bearings||$7.50 per lb.|
|Brake Pads||$20.00 per set|
|Single Disc Brake Rotor||$50.00 each / $180.00 set of 4|
|Vented Brake Rotor||$75.00 each / $270.00 set of 4|
|Hub & Rotor||$120.00 each|
|Motorcycle Rotor||$30.00 each|
|Large Vehicle Rotor||Call for pricing|
|R/C Electrical||$12.50 each|
|R/C Engine||>1cc: $30.00 / <1cc: Call for pricing|
Cryogenic Treatment for Motorsports Testimonials
You did a crank for me several years ago. Last September at Bonneville, it set the FIM World Record for a production motorcycle with a two-way flying mile of 203.770 mph (one way of 205.9 mph).
Leo Santucci’s 1954 Studebaker with the fastest (1,000+ HP) Chevy 292 Straight 6 cylinder turbocharged engine in the country.
Part Preparation Prior to Cryogenic Treatment for Motorsports
- All parts should be clean, disassembled and lightly oiled prior to processing.
- Note that seals or gaskets should not be included as they may be damaged by the process.
- Please do not send tightened assemblies or torqued components.
- Package your parts appropriately for shipping.