Enhance Metal and Steel Performance Using Cryogenics
Cryogenic Treatment utilizes ultra-cold temperatures (down to –300ºF ) to modify the micro-structure of metals, including steel and other materials to:
- Relieve residual stresses inherent in steel and other metals
- Promote a more uniform micro-structure
- Increase resistance to wear by precipitating eta-carbides in steels
Cryo Treatment Benefits:
- Longer life due to reduced wear
- Less failures due to cracking that result from the propagation of stress lines
- Improved thermal properties
- Better electrical properties with reduced electrical resistance
- Reduced coefficient of friction on polished metals
- Less creep & walk, and improved flatness for critical tolerance parts
- Easier machining, polishing and grinding for better edges and finishes
Cryogenic Freezing Applications:
- High abrasive wear in cutting tools, molds, dies, brake rotors, gears, engine components, etc.
- High corrosive wear in chemical, food and oil equipment applications.
- High erosive wear from, water, slurries and other abrasive grit carriers.
- Distortions induced by design, forming, machining or environment.
- Stress relief in complex tools, components and welds.
- Stress relief cracking of weld zones.
- Surface finishing in any application where long life is needed.
- Stabilization in parts and components as a result of stresses.
- Machinability in aluminum and copper parts.
- Electrode life in copper resistance welding electrodes (Type 1, 2, 3, 4, 11 & 13).
Nitrofreeze Has Two Cryogenic Processors:
- 84″ long x 36″ wide x 34″ deep
- 35″ long x 26″ wide x 25″ deep (cooling and heating)